This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Taylor Swift just kicked off her highly anticipated Eras Tour in Glendale, Arizona, whose name was changed to Swift City to celebrate the singer’s first two shows. Swift is known to put on a spectacle in the past, especially with her 1989 and Reputation tours. Although Taylor’s music along with the lighting and fireworks is responsible for the dazzling atmosphere, her outfits are iconic – and this time around it is no different. 

The Eras Tour is intended to showcase each of the pop star’s “eras” or albums, therefore Taylor has different costumes that coordinate with each of her 10 albums. Starting with her Lover era, Swift wears a stunning bejeweled Versace leotard paired with matching high legged Louboutin boots. The pink-purple reflection of the gems allow the star to glimmer in the stage lights. She later adds a coordinated and equally as sparkly blazer for her song “The Man”.

When Swift performs hits from her album Fearless, she adorns a golden fringe mini dress. This art deco inspired moment is perfect for all of the movement Taylor does when she dances on stage. For the Evermore era, she sticks to a similar color palette (at least for night 1). Swift wore a floor length golden yellow gown. What is unique about this look is its obvious lack of glitz and glamor. But of course, this is in tune with the folky and rustic aesthetic of her 9th album.

For Reputation, Taylor is back to black with a long sleeved and one-legged unitard. This seductive fit is completed with red sequined snakes slithering across her chest to down her leg. This completely contrasts her next look which is brought out for one number only: Speak Now. This ball gown is the fairytale princess dress of your dreams. Night 1 of the tour, it was a light golden hue, gorgeous and reminiscent of Fearless’s color scheme. However, much like the Evermore dress, this changed on night 2 where it was a shimmery pale pink.

Taylor returns to her 2012 roots and rocks a “Not A Lot Going On At The Moment” (the slogan is said to change from show to show) sequined t-shirt with matching shorts and hat, both in black. This is her most casual outfit but definitely her most nostalgic. But that’s not all for Red. For “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” Taylor brings out another one piece, this one red sequins (obviously) that fade into black ones. She goes on to sing “All Too Well 10 Minute Version” in the one piece with a long dramatic red sparkly cape.

Folklore, much like Evermore, requires a less glittering look, but still eye catching. Swift wears a glowing floor length lavender gown perfected with lace and delicate and flowy ruffles. This era is also of the folk-pop genre, so this look makes Taylor look fittingly whimsical while she sings “August”.

The only two-pieces of the show are from 1989. I believe this is another one of Taylor’s outfits that change color show to show but night one her coordinating top and skirt were red with lots of beaded fringe. Soon after, Swift sings her acoustic surprise songs for which she wears a simple fuchsia ruffled gown.

The final one of Taylor’s eras is her most recent album, Midnights. Her “Lavender Haze” performance required a silver mini dress with a (you guessed it) lavender oversized feathered coat. She wore a bedazzled leotard similar to that of Lover, of course in midnight blue. She again had on matching blue Louboutin boots that were absolutely to die for. For her final song “Mastermind”, Taylor added a multicolored tinseled jacket.

As you can imagine, this tour is getting the hype it deserves. I cannot wait to see the show and inevitably report back!

XO, Christina

Christina Silvestri is a contributing writer at Her Campus’s Fairfield Chapter. Her specialties lie in entertainment, mental health, and Fairfield recommendations. Christina is a current junior at Fairfield University. She is an English major with a concentration in English Studies with minors in Editing & Publishing and Italian. This summer, Christina interned at The McClatchy Company where she worked closely with the audio team on projects relating to politics, athletics, and true crime. Her day to day responsibilities included editing podcasts, researching guests, designing social media content, and additional journalistic tasks. In addition to writing, Christina enjoys reading, listening to podcasts, and doing just about anything with her friends; from watching movies to morning coffee runs. You will often find her trying out new hobbies like watercolor painting and knitting to keep her hands busy while she rewatches Gilmore Girls for the hundredth time. Christina also has an entertainment podcast fittingly called Entertain Us, which is available on Spotify.