Trendsetter Tuesday: Cozy Chic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

One of the hardest things about dressing for the cold weather is not just ensuring that you’re warm, but trying to look cute in the process. Heavy coats aren’t always the most flattering and dressing in sweats every day to stay warm gets boring pretty quickly.

This week, we’re all about staying cozy and stylish (obvi!) despite the chilly temps and recent snowstorm. This look, featured on sophomore Kate Ricciuti, is the perfect combination of cold weather essentials (all of the fuzzy sweaters and pom-pom hats, please!) and on-trend pieces.

Kate’s look consists of black jeans with trendy knee slits from Nordstrom, a light pink sweater from one of our fave downtown boutiques, Apricot Lane, and Steve Madden mules. She accessorized with an Artitzia pom-pom hat, simple jewelry, and a Tory Burch cross body bag. We love how this look is perfect for class or a day out with friends, making it not only super cute, but versatile, too!

Look out for more trendy looks in the coming weeks and share your ~cozy chic~ style with us on social media!

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com