This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

When glancing through the gallery on the Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week website, it’s easy to spot emerging trends among all of the glamorous clothes. Although each designer has their own signature style, they tend to have many similar colors and ideas presented in their pieces. Here are five top trends spotted on the runway:

Fur Jackets and Accents

From Thomas Wylde Maison to Michael Kors, there were hundreds of styles that included fur. Different designers presented a diverse selection of eclectic furs. The accents of fur were just enough to compliment the coats, without overpowering them. Fur coats like these are perfect for the upcoming fall season. 

Color Blocking

Color blocking never went out of style. Lie Sangbong and Francesca Liberatore both featured pieces with unique color blocking and detailing.

Boho Chic

Anna Sui and Tory Burch’s collections gave off a 70’s vibe. From the loud patterns, furry vests, and laid-back looks, these pieces speak for themselves.

Trench Coats

These classic, long jackets made several appearances on the runway. The Lie Sandbong trench coats with the pops of pattern on the inside were phenomenal and very different from trenches shown in previous years. Michael Kors also featured two beautiful trench coats; one of which was traditional camel and the other a gorgeous deep teal.

Wild Prints

Many different patterns played a big part in designer’s collections. Herve Leger by Max Azria featured bright neon patterns that made a bold statement. Caroline Herrera also showed some wild patterns. Even if you can’t necessarily see yourself in these particular prints, they might inspire you to take a chance and try something out of your comfort zone. 

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.