This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

As one of our current Pandora stations, as posters that used to hang on our walls, and as our idols growing up, The Spice Girls legacy will follow almost every girl that grew up in the 90’s. The Spice Girls gave us our first lessons about boys and showed us that girls can do everything boys can do, but better. They started every fashion trend and had songs with lyrics that even if we tried, we cannot forget. The Spice Girls were not just an entertainment group, but they became part of our lives. Whether we pretended we were Posh or Sporty Spice, singing in the mirror with our hair brush to their hit song “Wanna Be”, us girls will take a little bit of each Spice Girl with us not matter how old we get. Here is why the obsession will never stop:

1.     They introduced us to Girl Power.

2.     They taught us that nothing is more important than your best friends.

3.     They let guys know exactly how it is. 

4.     Well all identified our selves with one of them. 

5.     And your life was perfect if your group of friends consisted of five girls.

6.     We all wanted the attitude of Scary Spice. 

7.     Their platform shoes… we all secretly wanted a pair.

8.     Victoria Beckham. Enough said.

9.     Your favorite movie to watch growing up was Spice World and you still own it on VCR.

10.     Geri started the Union Jack trend.

11.     Their tour bus was awesome. 

12.   No one can rock the “tom boy” look like Sporty Spice can.

13.  We all wanted the innocence of Baby Spice. 

14.     They had the best reunion tour and were more fabulous than ever.

15.     There is just no girl band that will ever live up to them.

Hi Loves! My names Audriana currently studying Marketing and Journalism at Fairfield University. I'm a Philly girl with a bubbly personality. I love anything Pink! Style icons: Blair Waldorf and Serena Van der Woodsen.  New York City, Iced Tea and Gossip Girl addict. Fell in love with London and traveling while abroad my fall junior semester. Follow my beauty/fashion blog www.beyondyourblowout.com and on instagram  @audrossano
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.