sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Throwback Thursday: 12 Songs We Love(d)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. “Ignition Remix” – R. Kelly

Probably the one and only rap song that every single person knows all of the words to. 

2. “Baby One More Time” – Britney Spears

Boy, girl. Young, old. Britney lover, Britney hater. Doesn’t matter. No one can resist the power of this classic. 

3. “I Want It That Way” – Backstreet Boys

As soon as you hear Brian’s sweet, angelic voice sing that one “Yea”, you know it’s about to get real.

4. “Wannabe” – Spice Girls

High heels and laughter blasting out of the speakers? It can only mean one thing: the Spice Girls.

5. “Hey Ya” – Outkast

The only song that ever taught us what cooler than being cool truly is. Ice. Cold.

6. “It Wasn’t Me” – Shaggy

A throwback that has become so routine that you and your best friend have designated parts. Except the Shaggy rap becomes more of a mumble than actual words…

7. “Ice Ice Baby” – Vanilla Ice

Stop. Collaborate and listen. Vanilla Ice is in the house ladies and gentlemen.  

8. “Tipsy” – J-KwonThe anthem for underage drinking. How could you not love it?

9.“In Da Club” – 50 Cent

In Da Club is such a throwback, it uses the term “shawty”. 

10. “Pop” – NSYNC

Even though “Pop” isn’t so “pop” anymore, NSYNC will never get old. Besides, who doesn’t love some young JT every now and then?

11. “A Thousand Miles” – Vanessa Carlton 

Grab your best girlfriends and bring them out to the middle of the dance floor. It’s your time to shine ladies. Sing your hearts out. 

12. “Ride Wit Me” – Nelly 

God, I miss Nelly.   

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!