Throw Back Thursday: The Childhood Shows We Love and Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s no doubt that the TV we watched as kids was the greatest kind of entertainment…ever. Yes, this is quite a bold statement but I’m sure there are few people out there who agree. Nothing on Nickelodeon or Disney Channel nowadays remotely compares to the classics we grew up watching. After all, these shows formed us into the girls we are today… successfully instilling a little fashion sense, confidence and laughter into our lives. Here are a few of those memorable shows that we loved (and still love) so much.  

Lizzie McGuireLizzie McGuire was the high school girl you aspired to be and then some. She had the best friends, went to Rome (single-handedly made herself a pop icon), and just so happened to ROCK the choker necklace. This is what dreams are made of, right?

The Amanda ShowYou laughed at Penelope, cried at Moody’s Point and desperately wanted to be a part of the “Girl’s Room” posse. Oh, and a dancing lobster was the pet you always longed to have. 

Bonus: Amanda Please still exists! Ugh, Amanda Bynes we miss the old you. 

Zoey 101The consistent thought that went through all of our minds while watching: “ Boarding school is THAT cool?!…….MOM!!”. Unfortunately, now we know how far fetched Pacific Coast Academy truly was.

That’s So RavenTo you, there was no one better than the world’s sassiest/ most fashionable psychic teen out there.

All ThatIt was the birthplace of Amanda Bynes, never failed to make you laugh and the skits were the kinds you reenacted with your friends (ie: “Welcome to the Goodburger, home of the Goodburger. Can I take your order?!”)

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!