Thoughts about Lauren Jauregui from Fifth Harmony First Single ~Expectations~

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Lauren Jauregui, a former member of Fifth Harmony, has an entirely new sound and we’re loving it! She recently released her first solo single “Expectations” and it has a moody R&B vibe. The song highlights her smoky vocal cords and wide range. It’s definitely different from her usual pop anthems that were produced with Fifth Harmony.

Jauregui, now as a solo artist, has clearly never felt more connected to herself emotionally. With lyrics such as, “Wish I had no expectations / I wish that I could get it through your head / With no confrontation,” it won’t be a surprise that fans are singing along and relating to her first single!

The guitar heavily influences the single giving the love song a soulful feel. Lauren proved to fans everywhere that she is a talented individual who is ready to take the world by storm. While there is still no official release date for her first album, we can listen to the single on repeat until then. I know without a doubt that the ~expectations~ of her first album will be high and she will blow us all away with her talent!

Danielle Vazzano is a senior at Fairfield University and is from New York City. She is majoring in English/Professional Writing and minoring in Politics and Catholic Studies. Some of her favorite things include hanging out with friends, reading, and exploring. She studied abroad in Florence, Italy during the Spring 2019 semester.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com