Things We Are Excited For: The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Each and every December boys and girls alike gather round their TV’s to gawk at the excitement and glamour of the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. The lovely ladies of Victoria’s Secret never fail to impress us with their stunning outfits and perfect bodies, and this year will not fall short.

As stated on the VS website, it is a long road to the Victoria’s Secret runway. These elite models have put in countless hours, days, weeks, months, and for some, even years of preparation for this timely event.  The casting for this event becomes more intense and more worth the effort with every year.

The live show was filmed on December 2nd in London, and the VSFS is said to air on Tuesday, December 9th at 10pm/9pm central on CBS. The “sexiest night on television” as the producers and angels call it is one of the most widely anticipated events for the CBS network. The excitement and build up for the event over the years has significantly increased. Supermodels Candice Swanepoel, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Karlie Kloss are some of the many beauties that will strut on the runway this year.

One factor that differentiates this fashion show from years past is the fact that Victoria’s Secret, for the first time ever, will have two one million-dollar fantasy bras in their show. Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio, two of VS’s original angels, will have the privilege to rock these handcrafted masterpieces.

Among the excitement for this year’s outfits and angels comes the anticipation for this year’s performers. Ed Sheeran, Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift (for her second year in a row) will have the opportunity to share the runway with the VS angels.

Make sure you tune in!

Hey ladies! I'm Alyssa Vicari, a loyal Long Islander from Fairfield's class of 2018. I am a sophomore finance major and marketing minor who loves everything about the fall and everything about coffee. When I'm not studying or writing for HC, you can probably find me at the beach, the mall, watching Netflix, or doing any other thing that #basic college girls enjoy. Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @alyssavicari !
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.