Things We All Say After A Night Out: As Told By Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Imagine: it’s a Sunday morning after a ~lit Saturday night~ out at The Grape or the townhouses. It was a great time with friends, too many drinks, and if you were lucky, food.

After recapping the night with your roomies, you realize everything that went down was either good, bad, or entertaining. Here are the things we all say after a night out, as told by our favorite Friends:

1.Why, why would you do that?

When you question why you were on the floor of the bar, even if it was just for a hot sec. If you don’t think that’s something you would do, don’t worry…there is video proof that it was definitely you!

2. You idiot!!

Oh no! Looking through your Snapchat stories and texts you sent last night make you ~cringe to the max~. Let’s just delete them, and hope we are not reminded of them ever again.

3. You know what? I shouldn’t be allowed to make decisions anymore.

Clearly opening up a tab was one of the worst decisions you could have made, because now you’re down $40 and you have a massive hangover.

4. It was a mistake, I made a mistake!

We all make bad decisions now and then, but usually it was tequila’s fault or those three Long Island Iced Teas. So naturally, you cannot be blamed for that embarrassing dancing last night – sorry people!   

5. In my defense, it was dark and he was a very pretty guy.

The dim lighting at parties was totally an excuse for kissing that guy in your class that you wouldn’t have otherwise. You’re still friends, you’ll just have a couple of awkward encounters before things go back to normal.

6. That is brand new information!

When your BFF’s recount their night’s events, and you are shocked at what they are saying. Where were you when all of this was going down?!

7. La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!

Then, your friend starts talking about ~your night~ and the things that you did. ~La-la-la-la-la-la~, I can’t hear you! We really do not need to talk about this right now, or maybe ever. I promise, we are all good.

8. I’m so drunk!

I think we all have experienced those days when we wake up in the morning and are lucky enough to still have that buzz from last night. Sooo, boozy brunch anyone?

9. I don’t know what I’m gonna do with my life.

It is too bright out, your body hurts, and you have a load of homework on your desk. And yet, you’re still cuddled up in your comfy bed while nursing a glass of water. Obviously, you have your priorities straight.  

10. * Straight tears *

Because now we have the Sunday Scaries and wish we could rewind and do it all over again. Can it be the weekend already?

Adriana is currently a second semester senior at Fairfield University. She is majoring in Communication and English with a concentration in creative writing as well as a double minor in marketing and women, gender and sexuality studies.              
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com