There’s a New Royal Baby on the Way!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

On October 15, it was announced that there will be a new edition to the Royal Family! The Duke and Duchess of Essex, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, are expecting their first child!

While this news was a popular topic of conversation since the pair was married at Windsor Castle just this past May, we could not be more excited! We love following, and even obsessing, over the royal family. From Kate and Prince William, to Prince Harry and Meghan, the Royals are always so fun to keep up with!

Meghan’s pregnancy is exciting news for the Royals and everyone in England, but it’s also exciting news for the United States since Markle is an American herself. We can’t wait to watch her throughout her first pregnancy. We loved watching Kate throughout her three pregnancies and know that Meghan is just going to make an amazing mother!

It’s an exciting time in England. As the world awaits the arrival of the next royal, Meghan and Harry will be continuing their tours, helping those in need, and running their different philanthropic efforts.

The newest edition to the Royal Family will arrive in Spring 2019, and I am counting down until then!

Erica Salisbury

Fairfield '22

Erica is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Digital Journalism. She has always loved fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus again at Fairfield! She cannot wait to see all the things in store for her during her last year at Fairfield, especially with being involved in Her Campus.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com