Style > Fashion

The Latest Shoe Trends You Need for This Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s finally fall which means it’s time to ditch our summery sandals for some more seasonally appropriate footwear. If you’re stuck on finding the perfect fall shoes, check out my list of some trends that I predict will make an appearance this fall…

Cowboy Boots 

This may come as a shocker, but cowboy boots are making a comeback! We’ve ditched the traditional brown-heeled shoe for a more vibrant and modern look, with celebs including Dua Lipa, Emily Ratajkowski, and Gigi Hadid pairing them with classic 2021 streetwear. If you’re looking to make an investment, my favorite style of cowboy boots are Steve Madden’s Hayward White Leather. If you’re looking for a more inexpensive pair, Amazon has a wide selection to choose from. If you’re ever in need of help when styling your new cowboy boots, check out fashion influencers on social media platforms like TikTok and Instagram for some inspiration! 

Retro Sneakers 

Especially during the fall, sneakers are a staple when it comes to having comfort, functionality, and style all at the same time. Stepping up from your classic white Air-Force 1s, retro-styled sneakers may be your new go-to! New Balance seems to have the largest variety of styles, my favorite being their classic 574 sneakers. 

Loafers

Dress up your fall look with a pair of chunky loafers! As a fall staple, they’re classy and can effortlessly bump up your outfit. Originally popular in the 90’s and early 2000’s, various styles of this classic shoe can be seen across fashion’s most exclusive brands. Zara carries their perfect Lug Sole Loafers in both black and beige, while Urban Outfitters’ Vagabond Shoemakers Cosmo 2.0 Embellished Strap Loafer’s seem to be selling out quickly! 

Simple Black Boots 

Last but not least, simple black boots will definitely be trending this fall.  If you’re looking for a boot with a chunky heel, check out ASOS’s Chunky Chelsea Boot. For a boot that’s a little more simple and easy to walk in, it seems as though Sam Edelman’s Laguna Chelsea Boots may be your best option! 

Fairfield University Wellesley, MA Marketing Major Go Stags!