The Best Couples Costumes for This Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Halloween is just around the corner! Nothing is more fun than dressing up with your #boo for an iconic couple duo costume. Even if you don’t have a significant other right now, there’s still enough time to cuff someone up to do one of these fantastic costumes (or just save this article for this time next year!)  In my opinion these are a few of the best couples costumes for Halloween 2021, so if I were you, I’d take a look!

1. Jordan Belfort and Naomi Lapaglia

This hot couple is from The Wolf of Wall Street (2013). If you want to post a picture on Instagram with your bae from an iconic movie scene, this is the one. Naomi seduces her husband just enough to torture him with a rejection! Damn, did she show him who’s in charge! For Naomi, all you have to do is get a ribbed, pink off the shoulder mini dress with matching high heels. For the part of Jordan Belfort, all you need is a suit. Super easy! 

1. Machine Gun Kelly and Meghan Fox 

Talk about a steamy and trending couple! This would be a perfect costume for a couple who’s ready to play the part. There are many different outfits that could be put together for these two;  the key is to slightly match in fashion-forward designs. For a specific example, Fox could wear a tight pink corset top, pink tight pants, heals, and bright makeup. MGK would wear a complimentary outfit (could be white with hints of pink) with some low-key jewelry and of course, long dramatic nails. Definitely a sexy costume.

1. SharkBoy and Lava Girl 

Now this is a childhood classic that I’m sure most of you forgot about until I brought it up right now. This duo costume can be bought easily on websites like Amazon, Party City, and Walmart. But if you aren’t looking to spend a crazy amount of money, or want to make it more original, it can easily be a fun DIY costume. Lavagirl could be as simple as grabbing some pink hair spray, wearing a pink top and bottoms, while throwing some accents of red into it. SharkBoy is as easy as wearing all grey and making a shark fin for your back. Super cute and fun idea!

1. The Incredibles

How fun would it be to dress up as Elastagirl and Mr. Incredible for this weekend? Incredibly! Like many other costumes, it can be found online on either Amazon or Party City. Although it could be fun to DIY this costume and save money, personally I think this costume is one of the best to actually order from the store and wear their actual superhero outfits! 

1. Mr. and Mrs. Smith

This couples inspired costume is from the movie Mr. and Mrs. Smith (2005), starring Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt as the main characters. There is no doubt that this pair would be a fun couple to dress up as for Halloween! There are many known scenes from this film, so there are a couple different ways to go about this costume. You could go for the sophisticated sexy look from the dinner scene where Mrs. Smith is wearing a long black dress and Mr. Smith is wearing a black suit. Or you could go in the opposite direction, with Mrs. Smith in her husband’s long sleeve button down and Mr. Smith just wearing his white undershirt and underwear. Of course fake weapons (guns, knives, etc) are required to complete the look! Now this is a costume that will bring a sense of sexiness and danger!

1. Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker

This couple is trending now more than ever with their recent engagement (how cute!!). Not to mention they are one of this year’s hottest celebrity couples. Unlike their similar friend duo, MGK and Fox, Kourtney and Travis’ style is a bit more dark and goth. To recreate one of their famous looks, Kardashian wears a black corset top and dress and heels. Then Travis wears a black suit (with no shirt underneath) and black sunglasses. Highly recommend getting a bunch of fake tattoos to put all over your body! Not too hard to pull together and don’t forget, everyone always looks better in black.

1. Jasmine and Aladdin 

A Disney original princess is always fun to dress up as with your person on Halloween. This is more of a cute and innocent costume that will bring back childhood memories for all those that see you. And of course, they will also love the costume! This couple’s costume can easily be ordered in bits and pieces off of Amazon. For Jasmine you will need a blue crop top and then either flowy blue pants or a skirt. Lastly you will just need to include her headpiece that she wears. For Aladdin’s costume it is as simple as getting white baggy pants, a purple vest (no shirt underneath), and a red little cap for the top of your head. Super cute couples costumes that will make you feel like you are a kid again! 

No matter what you decide to dress up as with your significant other, make sure to rock the outfit and have a great time! Halloween is only once a year, so definitely make sure you enjoy it while it lasts! Can’t wait for a whole new set of trending couples costumes by next year.

Emma Fetrow

Fairfield '23

Hi! My name is Emma Fetrow and I am from Morristown, NJ. I am a Management major and am a writer for HC at Fairfield. I love traveling and new experiences!