This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Thanksgiving is always the best time of year—gathering with friends and family, appreciating the little things in life, and the Christmas spirit beginning to stir. While you may just be spending the holiday with your family, that doesn’t mean you can’t be the best dressed there! The fall trends right now are fabulous, and planning these outfits requires some preparation. 

1. Start with your best pair of straight-leg black leather pants. Leather is always so flattering! Pairing these with an oversized white button down and a sweater vest would look adorable and definitely will receive the approval from grandma. You can even just keep it simple by throwing on a plain long sleeve underneath that would still do the trick. 
  1. For a more casual look, get your best pair of medium wash jeans. These would look amazing with the perfect cropped turtleneck sweater and a pair of booties. Don’t forget to accessorize by adding some big gold hoops and other pieces of chunky jewelry to keep the outfit fun!
  1. Satin shirt dresses are totally in right now. Pairing one of those with some booties and sheer tights would be sure to wow at your thanksgiving festivities. If you’re not feeling the booties, throw on a subtle kitten heel paired with a fun belt for an extra touch. This will be sure to tie in the whole look and make your figure look amazing!
  1. Another good option would be to tie in those brown fall hues. You could do this by throwing on your coziest beige or brown sweater dress and some knee high boots! 
  1. My personal favorite trend right now is a blazer. A fun colored pantsuit would certainly make a fantastic statement at your holiday. If you aren’t looking to go that dressy, you can still wear a blazer with some of your favorite jeans and a cute pair of heels for a good look. 

You will look stunning no matter what you decide to wear! All outfits come together one way or another. Just make sure you’re comfortable, especially when you eat those mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie. Happy Thanksgiving ladies!

XO, 

Halie 

Halie is a junior Marketing major with a Public Relations minor at Fairfield University. She has always had a love for lifestyle, fashion and beauty ever since her adolescence. She lives in Mystic, Connecticut when not at school and works as a stylist at a local boutique downtown.