Taylor Swift’s Cat Owes Her $40 Million…Wait, What?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Last week, rumor had it that 25 year-old Taylor Swift insured what every girl wishes she had a pair of; her perfectly long and lean legs for $40 million dollars.

To have a little fun with the rumor, the stunning cat-mom posted a nasty scratch on Instagram with the caption, “GREAT WORK MEREDITH I WAS JUST TRYING TO LOVE YOU AND NOW YOU OWE ME 40 MILLION DOLLARS”

Swift’s painful scratch was followed up with another hilarious mock of the rumor, by instagraming a photo of her multi million dollar legs with a band-aid saying, “meOW.”

Swift’s cats are constantly seen all over the celeb’s social media pages and have even been spotted on outings with their much-loved cat mom. The cats are named in honor of Taylor’s favorite TV characters, detective Olivia Benson from Law and Order and Meredith Grey from Grey’s Anatomy.

Once Ellen Pompeo, aka the real Meredith Grey, saw Taylor’s joke she was sure to leave a brilliantly witty comment.

Although the rumor is yet to be confirmed, Swift definitely went all out for the joke and her cat Meredith may have just ran up a pretty big bill.

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.