Taylor Swift on the Cover of GQ

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Taylor Swift has finally done it all. The pop star graces the cover of GQ magazine for the first time ever, looking every bit the queen she is. The cover shows the songstress on a beach in Malibu, dressed in a black bikini covered by a tight fitted tank dress.  Her short hair is tousled perfectly, making us all envious of her expert beach waves.

In a preview that GQ.com released, writer Chuck Klosterman says:“If you don’t take Swift seriously, you don’t take contemporary music seriously…There’s simply no antecedent for this kind of career: a cross-genre, youth-oriented, critically acclaimed colossus based entirely on the intuitive songwriting merits of a single female artist. It’s as if mid-period Garth Brooks was also early Liz Phair, minus the hat and the swearing. As a phenomenon, it’s absolutely new.”

The GQ cover comes on the heels of Taylor’s recent statement to NME magazine, in which she said “I think people might need a break from me.” If you ask us Tay, we can’t get enough of you! 

Hi! I'm Gabi, and I'm a Senior at Fairfield University. I'm an English major with a concentration in Journalism, as well as minors in Communication and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. My hobbies include singing, theatre and swimming, and my favorite animals are Lobsters!! You can always catch me reading, preferably by the ocean, or dancing like an idiot with my girlfriends. 
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant