Stages of Taking Your Younger Sibling to a College Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1.  Your parents drop you off at the dorms, half-heartedly telling you to be responsible. But you all know the truth….

2. As soon as Mom and Dad leave you’re like…

3. You each try on a dozen outfits, swapping clothes the whole time until you find ~the one~

4. You roll up with your crew (plus mini-you) looking fly. 

5.  You hit the dance floor to show off your killer moves. In your head you look like this: 

6. But in reality it’s a little bit more like this…

6. Your bro/sis immediately update their snap story. You think about how cute it is they want to show off to their friends. 

And then you realize you do the same thing.

7. You turn to talk with your friends and by the time you get back, some rando is chatting your sib up and they are silently begging you for help.

You: I’M SORRY SHE’S 15, SHES A MINOR

Little sister: But I’m-

You: SHUT IT YOU’RE HOWEVER OLD I SAY YOU ARE

8.  Finally, you’re able to let loose. Your sibling is here, Mom and Dad are gone- time to live it up!

9. You’ll definitely have a blast, so long as you don’t think what it’s going to be like seeing your parents in the morning.

Originally from Boston, Caroline is a sophomore International Studies major and French minor at Fairfield University. She is a News Editor for Her Campus Fairfield as well as the Twitter Account Manager. When not hitting the books you can find her talking about cats and over posting on Instagram as @wiccancool.
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.