The Stages of Hoping for a Snow Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s that time of year again, winter is in full swing and snow day calculator has become a regular bookmark on our phones. As we continuously watch the weather reports and see snow in the forecast we can’t help but hope that classes may be cancelled. Here are the stages of hoping for a snow day.

You over hear a weather report as you walk past the stag. It looks like snow is the forecast! 

Soon you are telling everyone you know. This news must be broadcasted! 

You start imaging all of the amazing things you could do on your day off. 

You then decide to check the weather forecast further. It says it’s supposed to snow so obviously we’ll have a snow day. 

But wait the forecast says that it’s too soon tell and right now they are only calling for 2 inches of snow 

You feel frustrated. You deserve this snow day!  You are a good person.

Days pass and you begin to forget about the mention of the snow day, but are constantly reminded that it’s winter on the account of its freezing!!!

WHY IS IT NOT SNOWING 

Then, suddenly one night God smiles on you. IT’S SNOWING!!!

The night goes on and you look out your window and wonder…when will I receive this stag alert! 

It’s time to go to sleep. You pray to anyone who will listen that you will have a snow day tomorrow. You need this snow day especially since you did not do any of your work that is due the next day. 

The next morning your alarm wakes you up to THE TEXT. Class is cancelled! You’ve never been so happy!  

You feel #blessed until you see the forecast the next time and the process starts all over again… 

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant