The Stages of Dieting as Told by Jennifer Lawrence

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you hate dieting, you are not alone. Leave it to the adorable and perpetually hungry Jennifer Lawrence to describe every stage of collegiette diet struggles.

Stage 1: You find yourself wayyyy too excited about eating kale, drinking wheat grass and exercising.

Stage 2: After a strenuous yet enjoyable workout of planks, burpees and pushups you’re feeling a little wobbly.

Lifting those shopping bags at the mall may have not added as much muscle to your arms as you originally thought.

Stage 3: You find a delicious and healthy recipe on Pinterest and get to work cooking your own well balanced, home made meal.

Stage 4: You eat said ‘meal’ because it’s good for you and even better for your fab diet– yet you wonder if it’s the healthy food or your culinary skills that taste so terrible…The world may never know.

Stage 5: Hunger strikes.Tell everybody.

Stage 6: You realize you have a serious love/hate relationship with food… because how could something that tastes so good be so bad?!

Stage 7: You brag about just how much you could eat… if you weren’t on a diet.

Stage 8: You somehow refrain from eating everything in sight and begrudgingly chow down on a low cal snack.Rice cake anyone?

Stage 9: Delirium.

Stage 10: You start looking for some delicious and substantial food to devour.

Stage 11: The search gets pretty intense…

Stage 12: You give in and cheat on your diet, because honestly what is better than melted cheese and carbsAnswer: nothing, absolutely nothing.

Stage 13: Forget the haters!  

Stage 14: Eat cake.

*Ball shape optional. 

Megan is a Fairfield University senior majoring in English and journalism from Long Island, New York. She is the Fashion Director and a devoted writer for Her Campus Fairfield as well as a part-time Editorial Web Intern at Cosmopolitan.com in New York City. Some of Megan's favorite things are the beach, Spotify playlists, Harry Potter and Instagram. Follow her on Twitter and Instagram! 
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!