freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Stages of A College Crush as Told by Disney Songs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes

So you’re totally single, as single as it gets. But, you’re happy about it, most of the time…Okay, no, you totally wish you had a boyfriend.

Once Upon a Dream

He’s cute, he’s funny, and he was definitely interested at the party. You think you know him from your Accounting class… or maybe psychology? Who cares, he’s totally perfect.

He’s a Tramp

He’s the only thing you talk about at the Saturday morning recap breakfast, and your friends are beyond excited for you…. until you tell them his name. “Oh my god, I overheard Sarah talking about him the other day.” In translation: He’s a total player, don’t get your hopes up.

Something There

But, he texted you… maybe they misjudged him.  And, when he smiled at you today your heart was beating out of your chest.  Don’t freak out… you ‘gotta play it cool. Remember, you don’t want to seem too clingy.

Kiss the Girl

Ugh, maybe he isn’t into you after all…. You only talk to him when you text him first. Every time you see him, you literally don’t know what to do with your body. Your mind is spinning: “Ugh, I’m sooo awkward… he probably thinks I’m a freak.”

For the First Time in Forever

He texted you and asked you to hang out, this is a HUGE step. Who cares if it’s a Wednesday night, homework can wait, he could be your ~SoUl~ mate. Ugh, you haven’t showered yet today, but that’s okay, those 20 minutes will give you enough time to plan out the night and be ready for every possible situation.

I Won’t Say I’m in Love

So last night was great, but you’re still not sure. What’s he thinking? Does he really like you? You CAN’T stop thinking about him. Do you text him, or do you wait for him to text you? You don’t like him, no you really do… okay you’re not sure.

Can You Feel The Love Tonight

This just in: you’re head over heels. You can’t stop smiling, you’re blushing when he’s around… and he definitely likes you too. I mean, you’ve hung out twice this week. He hasn’t asked you to come to his party this weekend, but you’re sure that question is coming.

Frozen Heart

No text over the weekend? Actually, no text in a week? Whatever. You’re so over it, he’s totally a player.  TLC had the right idea: “A scrub is a guy who can’t get no love from me.” You can’t help a guy with a ~FrOzEn HeArT~

Poor Unfortunate Souls

Who needs love? You are an independent woman who doesn’t need a man. Preach girl! Tell EVERYONE you know they don’t need a man either. Solidarity sister!

Circle of Life

Live and let live. It will all work out. Your friends were right per usual, but it’s all good. There will be other boys, players ‘gonna play. You have a completely new perspective on life.

Someday My Prince Will Come

You’ll find someone someday, there’s hope yet. But you won’t need saving as portrayed in most classic Disney films. You are completely capable of saving yourself.

Caroline Metcalf-Vera is a sophomore at Fairfield University majoring in Communications. Here at Her Campus Fairfield, she is the Executive News Editor. When she isn't in class or writing you'll probably find her camped out in the Mezz with at least three beverages. Guilty pleasures consist of: cotton candy ice cream and early 2000s rap.
Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.