The Stages of Being Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

It’s the ~most wonderful time of the year~.  Well, for some people.  February 14th can either be a joyful or painful, day of the year.  Fresh out of a relationship, this can be a single girl’s worst nightmare. Luckily with a squad by your side, anyone can survive the ups and downs of being single on Valentine’s Day.

You wake up; ready to take on the day.

Who needs a man anyway?!

A good morning text from your Valentine! Your mom.

Facebook reminds you that it’s Valentine’s Day. Thank god, you almost forgot!

“Aw that’s so cute!” you text in reply to the pic your BFF sent of the roses delivered to her dorm.

You decide to check Instagram to get your social media fix.

And find yourself becoming increasingly nauseated with each overuse of “bae”.             

Ah yes, there’s your ex with his new girlfriend.  

*knife emoji* *upside down smiley face emoji*

Alright, it’s time to eat. And eat some more because calories definitely don’t count today.

Where’s the wine?

Here comes the meltdown- maybe it’s because you’re on your second Nicholas Sparks movie or because you’re on your third glass of Pinot. Regardless, cue the wallowing playlist.

Time to cheer up!

Facemask, check. Chinese food, check. Girlfriends, check.

You rally and go out, and have a great time with the people who really matter. This holiday is overrated anyway, and you’re a strong independent woman who don’t need no man.

Bonus: You go to bed super happy because all of the candy at CVS will be 50% off in the morning!

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.