Spring Style Watch: How to Wear Gingham

Longer days, warmer weather, and the classic case of spring fever are qualities that we love about spring. After a winter of hibernation and Netflix, we tuck away our heavy knit sweaters and boots and slowly begin to transition our wardrobes. Yet, with this transition comes both excitement and stress. Following the hottest trends from fashion weeks in New York to Milan, and those showcased in fashion magazines, is no easy task.  

Among the  trends of delicate floral patterns and fringe accessories, gingham print has taken runways, celebrities, and street style by storm. This print is a must-have for spring 2015. With inspiration from various styles, this gingham print is versatile, fun, and can satisfy any fashion-loving-collegiettes’ taste.

From a crisp collared shirt to a more casual piece, this print can be worn with jeans or shorts. 

Bright colors are always on trend for spring. With a gingham print dress for a weekend BBQ, or a tailored pant for a weekend getaway, you can’t go wrong with this style.  

Whether you’re ready to embrace the trend fully or not, accessories are a great way to experiment. Opt for a colorful gingham print shoe or bag and you’re ready for spring! 

Camille Giacovas is a sophomore at Fairfield University with an International Studies major and an English minor with a concentration in Professional Writing.  She dreams of traveling the world and she strongly believes in the power of living a positive life. She is a lover of hot yoga, running and finding the little things in life that bring her joy. Her mornings would not be complete without a chai tea latte.