Spring Hot Spots in Fairfield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you’re lucky enough to go to school in Fairfield, Connecticut, you’re lucky enough. Whether you’re on the beach enjoying the Long Island Sound, out to eat taking in the sun, or simply enjoying nature; there is always something to do during the spring in Fairfield.

Sasco Beach:It’s a given that if you attend school in Fairfield, you frequent the beach no matter what time of the year. Most likely you’ve been to Penfield Beach more times than you can count, so this spring switch it up and try out Sasco Beach. Located at 1401 Sasco Hill Road, this spot is the perfect secret (or not so secret) spot. When you’re feeling stressed out with schoolwork, head to Sasco and enjoy the tucked away feel and a beautiful sunset; might as well take advantage of going to school in a beach town!

Firehouse Deli Beer Garden:Sunshine, food, and beer. While that combination might sound like heaven, it’s actually a Deli located in Fairfield at 22 Reef Road. The Beer Garden is a beautiful patio outside of the cozy and vintage Fire House Deli. Grab your sandwich and a beer and enjoy the spring weather in the Beer Garden.

Lake Mohegan:As great as the beaches in our town may be, it’s not the only thing that Fairfield has to offer. Lake Mohegan is a beautiful hiking trail with a freshwater lake, located at 960 Morehouse Highway. This is the perfect trip for a Saturday morning with you and your girlfriends (great Instagram photo op as well, obviously). Switch it up from the typical beach scenery and head to Lake Mohegan this spring!

Here are some more spots to check out in the spring recommended by Her Campus Sacred Heart!

Sleeping Giant:Also known as Mount Carmel, the Sleeping Giant is a mountain with cliff top views and landscapes so beautiful and so Instagram-worthy. It allows you to dress up it your cute fitness gear, wear your favorite pair of sneakers and let the nature side of you out! The trails are beautiful and when you finally make it to the top the feeling is awesome! At the top is the Sleeping Giant Tower and it was built in 1936! Yet again, another picture perfect setting. As the spring rolls in, grab your friends, your sorority sisters, or your significant other and make a date to go to Sleeping Giant and enjoy the fresh air!

Taco Loco:Whether it’s Taco Tuesday, Thirsty Thursday, or any other normal day of the week, Taco Loco is the place to go to enjoy some great Mexican food and even better Margaritas. Located right in Bridgeport, Taco Loco is close to SHU and Fairfield U, and many SHU/Fairfield U affiliated clubs, sororities, and teams hold fundraisers regularly, so not only would you be getting a delicious meal and some refreshing drinks, but you’ll also be helping out a great cause! It is a great place to celebrate with friends, have fun, relax, and eat up!

Golden Star Café:G-Star is basically SHU’s own personal bar. SHU students are always partying there whether it be on a classic G-Star Tuesday night, or a Sunday night enjoying karaoke with friends and the Bridgeport locals. It is a guaranteed good time! It is the land of unlimited pitchers, pizza slices at midnight, and bathrooms with two toilets to keep the bathroom line short. It may not be the nicest, fanciest, classiest bar you’ve ever been too, actually probably farthest thing from that, but it is G-Star and we love it for that! Grab your friends, drink up (responsibly) and enjoy a night at G-Star before the end of the semester. 

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram! 
Jamie O'Donoghue is a Sophmore, majoring in Exercise Science. She is looking to attend Physical Therapy School as a graduate student. She looks forward to becoming a pediatric Physical Therapist. She enjoys volunteering and working with Habitat for Humanity.