Something Navy x Treasure & Bond Nordstrom Meet & Greet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

If you love fashion just as much as I do, then odds are that you follow @SomethingNavy on Instagram. Arielle Noa Charnas started her blog in 2009 and is now one of NYC’s most stylish fashion bloggers. She is known for posting pictures of her chic and trendy looks, and of course pictures of her adorable daughter, Ruby.

This fall, Arielle teamed up with the brand Treasure & Bond to create a capsule collection to be sold exclusively at Nordstrom. The line totally resembles the ‘Something Navy’ look, with pieces ranging from chunky sweaters to stunning blouses.

In order to celebrate the launch (and immediate success) of the line, Arielle held meet and greets in Chicago and New York. Luckily, I was able to attend the meet and greet in New York, and it was ~everything~!

Upon arrival, I was greeted by the Nordstrom staff, who are always so kind, and guided to a line. While waiting amongst other young fashion lovers, I enjoyed the live DJ entertainment. As for refreshments, the cutest Rice Krispies Treats pops dipped in pink white chocolate and sprinkles were being passed around.

After waiting for a little bit, it was finally my turn to talk to Arielle! I was a little nervous, but the event staff totally calmed my nerves. Hey! It’s not every day that you get to meet one of your biggest fashion inspirations!

After a big hug, Arielle and I immediately started chatting. I congratulated her on the line and told her how ~obsessed~ I was with it. I also told her HCFU says “Hi!” (She says “hi” back!)

I asked her what her favorite piece from the collection was, and it turns out she was wearing it! Arielle looked amazing in the dark grey wrap cardigan from the line, which you can find here!

As for advice for college fashionistas, Arielle’s main point was to ~have fun~! Arielle and I chatted about how life gets so serious, so fast – so it’s important to enjoy college while you’re in it! Especially when it comes to boys! Arielle suggested staying single, and dating around during the best four years of your life, so that you can find what you like and what you don’t like.

And the same thing goes for fashion! Arielle admitted that she didn’t find her true style until about five years after graduating college. It is so important to play around with style and experiment with trends, you’ll find what you love to wear the most eventually!  

After snapping a few pics, we hugged goodbye. But before I left, Arielle told me how amazing my eyebrows were. I take my eyebrow game very seriously, so you can assume I practically ~died~.  

Arielle was one of the most genuine people I’ve ever met, and was even prettier in person! Over the past few years, she has worked to build the empire that is now Something Navy, and deserves every bit of success.

Be sure to check out the Something Navy x Treasure & Bond for Nordstrom collection here!

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com