Snooze Alarm Makeup: How To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette (available at Sephora.com), $29; Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil (available at Sephora.com), $20; Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eyeliner (available at Sephora.com), $20; Smashbox Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner (available at Sephora.com), $20; NYX Slide On Pencil (available at nyxcosmetics.com), $8

There is nothing worse in the morning than the dreaded sound of an alarm clock. The jolting blare of it will make you want to hide under your covers forever to block out the real world. After the inevitable five minutes of avoiding this maniacal device, you muster up enough strength to jump out of bed and stare at your tired and dull face. The average time you’ll have to get ready in the morning is usually a half an hour or less, which really isn’t that much time. However, a quick beauty routine to help you hide those dark circles under your eyes for class can go a long way! It’s important to look fresh and awake, and maybe you can even impress that upperclassman boy you’ve had your eye on since the start of the semester.

Wondering what products can you use to achieve an effortless makeup look? Have no fear, I have been in your place before, haven’t we all? There are mornings where I hit the snooze alarm so many times I lose track, leaving myself in a frantic rush to make it to class in time.

I’ve created a makeup look I like to call “Snooze Alarm Makeup”. It’s perfect for the days where you want to look good but are pressed with time. This look will have you leaving your room feeling great, while still making class on time.

First, I like to select any matte eye shadow because it has no shimmer or shine, but it provides just the right amount of color to make your eyes look more awake. To really brighten up my eyes, I apply the matte eye shadow all over my eye, including my lid, brow bone, and inner corner.  Now for the fun part, apply a colored eyeliner to add some subtle color to your look and really make your eyes pop. My favorite colors of eyeliner are plum, dark green, and blue. With your eyeliner, create a very thin line on your upper lash line and then add lots and lots of mascara, and- BAM- just like that you’re good to go.

Hopefully this look will help relieve some of your morning stress. Just because you don’t have time to do a full face of makeup doesn’t mean you don’t have time to apply ANY makeup.  Just putting in a little extra effort can help you feel more confident in class. Remember when you look good, you feel good, and when you feel good everything is possible.  

Hello everyone, Liv here! I graduated from Fairfield in May 2017 with a degree in Communication and Digital Journalism. Now, I am working full time with a social media company in New York City. When I am not in the office, I am busy running my very own fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog: livforstyle.net. I am very active with my blog and still active with the Her Campus community, offering my post graduate advice whenever it's needed.  Keep up to date with all my crazy adventures on my blog and Instagram account (@livforstyle). Stay fabulous everyone   
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!