Silver Screen to Street Style: What Our Favorite Celebs Wore This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Between Milan Fashion Week, the Emmys, and pre-fall festivities, our favorite fashionistas have been showcasing some seriously desirable looks since the seasons officially changed. Here’s a rundown of some of the week’s best looks on our favorite stars, ranging from casual street style to red carpet realness.

Zoë Kravitz

At last Sunday’s Emmy Awards, the actress stunned in a rainbow Dior Haute Couture creation that was the perfect combination of timeless and avant-garde. Feathers, pastels, and an edgy pixie cut might just be the red carpet combo we didn’t know we needed in our lives.

Lupita Nyong’o and Freida Pinto

Gucci and Global Citizen? Yes, please! To attend the Global Citizen Festival, both beauties donned head to toe Gucci ensembles featuring black jeans, graphic tees, and some of the coolest bomber jackets we’ve seen this season. From Lupita’s statement sunnies to Freida’s embroidered sneakers, each look was serving major fall fashion inspo.

Cardi B

Cardi arrived at Rihanna’s 3rd Annual Diamond Ball in a gown almost as gorgeous as “Bodak Yellow” is catchy. The ice blue dress required four people to carry it into the event, and basically personifies the line “they see pictures, they say goals.” Maybe Cardi B only makes money moves now because this jaw-dropping dress is literally just too big to dance in.

Joan Smalls and Hailey Baldwin

The two supermodels took to the streets of Milan Fashion Week in looks that channeled Cher and Dionne from Clueless in the best way possible. Joan’s bucket hat and tank-over-tee combo alongside Hailey’s plaid-on-plaid look provided the perfect dose of late ‘90s style. The two could definitely apply the classic Cher quote “she’s my friend because we both know what it’s like to have people be jealous of us,” to their own fashion forward friendship.

Olivia Palermo

Perhaps one of the best parts of any fashion week is not what comes down the runway, but what the people in the audience are wearing. OP never fails us, and killed it in a lace-up sweater, chic leather skirt, and oversized sunnies during the shows in Milan this past week. The superstar of her look, though, is her edgy braid which is all of the #hairgoals.

Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com