This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Like everything else in the country, Broadway has closed its doors in order to follow social-distancing practices. If you’re like us, Collegiettes, we miss being able to enjoy a good show in the City. While we can’t go see a show live, the theater legend himself, Andrew Lloyd Webber, has given us the opportunity to watch some of the classics from the comfort of our homes. You can officially sing along without getting in trouble with your fellow audience members, unless your family doesn’t appreciate the singing. 

What makes this, even more, ~exciting~ is that it costs nothing to watch. All you have to do is visit “The Show Must Go On” YouTube page, and they post a new musical every Friday at 2 pm. The only catch to this is the musical is only available for 48 hours. Considering how much it usually costs to see a Broadway show, we don’t mind that at all.

Shows that have already streamed on the platform are Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar and Phantom of the Opera. For this coming weekend, the sequel to Phantom of the Opera called Love Never Dies will be available to watch.

During these times, it can be difficult to adjust to how weird life is right now. Having these Broadway shows available online for us reminds us to take some time to escape it all. What could be better than throwing in some show tunes?

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.