This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Shonda Rhimes, the queen of Shondaland, has revealed her new television series Bridgerton will be gracing Netflix this Christmas. 

Bridgerton is a period drama based on the Bridgerton literary series by Julia Quinn, telling the tale of the young social elite trying to find love in the city. The show has been compared to the television series Gossip Girl in its concept and luxurious imagery, with Julie Andrews serving as Bridgerton’s narrator, Lady Whistledown. 

However, rather than 2000s New York City, the story takes place in Regency Era London, possibly promising a sense of 1800s Mr. Darcy-Elizabeth Bennet’s sexual tension. *clenches hand* 

As the plot unfolds, the protagonist Daphne Bridgerton (Phoebe Dynevor) looks for love in the fierce, elegant dating world of Regency London, eventually uniting with the sought-after Duke of Hastings (Regé-Jean Page). While the show will not be on Netflix until December 25, it’s never too early to celebrate love with the 19th century aesthetic.

Though the cast and some beautifully-captured photos have been released for the highly-anticipated series, there is yet to be a trailer. To satisfy your impatience for the “event of the season,” you can follow the show’s social media pages, including Instagram and Twitter.

We can hardly wait to bundle up this winter with the Bridgertons. 

Jackie Campbell

Fairfield '24

Jackie is an English major with an Educational Studies minor at Fairfield University. Though originally from Kansas City, MO, Jackie currently calls Pound Ridge, NY home. Some interests include riding bikes, writing, and exploring new media with her little sister.
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.