Shay Mitchell Celebrates Her Instagram Followers In The Cutest Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

We all know Shay Mitchell as Emily from Pretty Little Liars. But since the series ended in 2017, Shay has become the queen of Instagram. Seriously, her feed is perfect.

From stunning selfies to gorgeous vacation pics, it’s no wonder that over 19 million people have hit the follow button to keep up with Shay’s posts. Shay’s Instagram account has grown over the years, and she has celebrated every milestone in the ~cutest~ way.

With the help of everyone’s favorite picture prop, number balloons, Shay has creatively thanked each of her Instagram followers. Honestly, if we had as many followers as she does, we would celebrate too!

It all started when she reached 6 million followers back in 2015. Shay snapped adorable pics with balloons as she reached each milestone, but after 12 million, she started to get even more creative.

Once she hit lucky number 13 (13 million is extra lucky, right?), Shay started taking her photoshoots to different locations.

And as if Shay wasn’t already #goals, her posts continued to get even more elaborate as her follower count grew.

When she hit 17 million followers, Shay was ~literally~ floating on air.

Most recently, she’s accumulated over 19 million followers, and this celebration post has us seeing double. She jokingly posted that “19 Shay finds 18 Shay hilarious.”

We can hardly wait to see what Shay comes up with for her 20 million follower post!

Jennie is a sophomore Communication major at Fairfield University. She is also the Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Fairfield! You can usually find her typing away on her laptop, blasting Drake, with an iced coffee by her side.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com