Sham Jam Survival Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The weekend we have all been waiting for is finally upon us: Sham Jam weekend! This St. Patrick’s Day-themed darty is this Saturday and it officially kicks off the spring season. The whole campus is filed with excitement and everyone is ready to sham and jam! Here’s your good-luck guide to having a killer Sham Jam this year: 

1.     Wake up bright and early and head to Barone for a big breakfast to start off your day. There’s nothing like a huge breakfast, especially on a Saturday as busy as yours will be. A filling breakfast will wake you up and keep you energized throughout the day. 

2.     Break out all of your green clothing Green shirts, sweaters, pants… even shoes, wear it all!  The point of this day is to have fun and be festive! The more green, the merrier. If you don’t own anything green, there are always the Fairfield St. Patrick’s Day t-shirts from the bookstore.

3.     Buy cheesy St. Patrick’s Day Accessories Gaudy green and gold necklaces, shamrock headbands and glasses, tattoos and stickers… you name it! Again, you want to look as festive as possible. Darties are perfect for Instagramming, so make sure you’re ready for the grand daddy of them all!

4.     Grab all of the essentials And by essentials we mean sunglasses, StagCard, and beach-friendly shoes (they’re definitely getting trashed) and you’re set to go!

5.     Sip on a mimosa (if you’re over 21, of course) and order your Uber (unless you’re fortunate enough to live there) 

Get pumped on the ride there and ask your Uber driver to play some of your favorite songs.

Once you’re there, the only other tip I can give you is to HAVE FUN!

Talk to new and old friends and have the time of your life.  Enjoy the beautiful sun and the beach, especially since it’s just the beginning of the darty season!  Also, don’t forget to take plenty of pictures!

Victoria Gracie

Fairfield '18

Victoria is a graduate from Fairfield University with a degree in International Business and Marketing. She's from Long Island and has an intense love for New York City. She hopes to travel the world and always lives life with a positive attitude. A few of her obsessions include pizza, dogs, coffee, and fashion. Follow her on Instagram: @vgraciee
Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant