This Schools Cancellation Message Is So Much Cooler Than Stag Alert

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Every student is overly excited when they receive the message that says classes have been cancelled. The Moses Brown School in Providence, Rhode Island had a new and exciting way to let students know school was closed for last week’s Nor’Easter. The principal of the school made a parody video with Frozen’s, “Let It Go,” and changed the words to let students know there would be no school due to the storm. “School Is Closed,” the parody video, has over 3 million views after it went viral on YouTube from appearing on the Today’s Show and Good Morning America. Can we say coolest principal ever? The students from Moses Brown got a call last night expecting it to be an automated voice message, but instead “School Is Closed,” played over the phone. We as Fairfield students just can’t settle for Stag Alerts anymore. Father Von Arx will have to step up his game for the next snow day. Here is the video if you haven’t seen it.Happy Snow Day, collegiettes!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!