Wellness > Mental Health

Sarah J Maas’s New Book, A Court of Silver Flames, Comes Out This Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

“I like the look of being pretty, but like… ravaged by war.”- Grimes 

We get where you’re going, Grimes. Strong female characters inspire us every day, from our makeup looks to the content we endlessly consume. This month, New York Times bestselling author Sarah J Maas is giving us some empowering and sexy material to remind us why people like to read.  

The fourth addition to the A Court of Thorns and Roses series, A Court of Silver Flames, follows Nesta Archeron, a strong-willed leader who has “struggled to find a place for herself within the strange, deadly world she inhabits.” A warrior named Cassian seemingly works to infuriate Nesta, whose position within Rhysand and Feyre’s Night Court keeps him close to her. However, that’s not the only ~tension~ between them. As the two face internal and external dangers that threaten to disrupt peace, they must also find peace with each other and themselves. 

Maas began writing her first series, Throne of Glass, at the age of 16. Since then, her books have developed international recognition. The Throne of Glass series has been sold in 35 languages, and the sheer volume of work she has accomplished makes her deserving of a crown. 

If you’re hoping to escape your everyday world, venture with Nesta and Cassian as they encounter war, queens, monsters, and burning loins. Whether you want to order a box set of the series, or start with the fourth installment, A Court of Silver Flames should be massively entertaining.

Jackie Campbell

Fairfield '24

Jackie is an English major with an Educational Studies minor at Fairfield University. Though originally from Kansas City, MO, Jackie currently calls Pound Ridge, NY home. Some interests include riding bikes, writing, and exploring new media with her little sister.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.