Sabrina Carpenter is Cady in the Broadway -Mean Girls- and We Couldn’t Be More Excited!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Hi Collegiettes! Hope you all are ready for a fun and restful spring break! One thing I am super excited about is going to see Mean Girls on Broadway! We also are so excited because Sabrina Carpenter is now playing Cady. 

Sabrina Carpenter will be playing Cady Heron from March 10th until June 7th- only 14 weeks! This will also be her Broadway debut, and we could not be more excited. Carpenter has been in the spotlight for the last several years, starting with her role as Maya Hart on Girl Meets World. She now also has two albums out, and we cannot wait to hear her sing the Mean Girls soundtrack! 

Similar to the movie, Mean Girls focuses on Cady Heron as she attempts to live a normal life moving from Africa to the United States, and entering public school. The musical showcases Heron and her two friends, Damian and Janis, and their attempts to infiltrate the Plastics, the idolized “it” girls, but soon learn that taking down Regina George comes with many prices. 

We could not be more thrilled to see Sabrina Carpenter take on her Broadway Debut and see what she does with the role! This will be my first time seeing the show, so I am thrilled to be seeing it with her as the lead. 

Have a great spring break ladies! 

Erica Salisbury

Fairfield '22

Erica is a Senior at Fairfield University majoring in Accounting with a minor in Digital Journalism. She has always loved fashion, beauty, and lifestyle, and is so excited to be a part of Her Campus again at Fairfield! She cannot wait to see all the things in store for her during her last year at Fairfield, especially with being involved in Her Campus.
I am a Junior Marketing Major with a concentration in digital and social media marketing and a Finance minor at Fairfield University. I am a creative, driven, and hardworking individual who loves fashion and beauty.