Resolutions We Have All Broken By The End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

1. I will stop procrastinating– BS. Sure enough, I am starting that 10-page history essay the night before it’s due. Getting work done ahead of time sounded nice until you actually have to sit down and do it…

2. I will study more. Okay, you probably got a little carried away with going out last semester, and it might have hit your GPA a little too hard. And you decided to fix that and spend hours in the library studying for your classes. But an hour into studying gets boring and you pack up your things and go back to your room. Another episode of Gossip Girl instead? 

3. I will go to bed earlier. And on that note wake up earlier too right? That kind of promise is unrealistic in the life of a college student. LETS BE REAL.

4. I will change my attitude and be more optimistic. We all tell ourselves we will be more positive and stop complaining so much. But then we realize three tests next week, a paper, and five other commitments you made and THERE IS NO TIME. Yeah okay, I have a right to complain. 

5. I will stop spending so much money. Yeah right, next thing you know your bank account is lower than your GPA. Food, shopping, mani/pedi’s, and this list goes on. What is spring without some new clothes?

6. I will figure out my life. This semester was supposed to be different. I would figure out what I wanted in life and what I want to do. Oh well, better luck next semester. I guess I will just get my life together another day.

7. I won’t skip class this semester. That held on for about two weeks, but the thought of sleeping in was just too good to pass up on. You feel bad since each class is so expensive, but we are not all perfect so give yourself a break.

8. I will eat healthier. Salads for days… JUST KIDDING. Keep telling yourself you will cut out the junk food. Just order another pizza with a side of cheesy bread.

9. And I’ll exercise everyday. Working out is fun right? LOL! Sweating like a pig, being out of breath, and your body sore the next morning, no thanks. Lol, I’m skipping the gym again.

Emily Paik

Fairfield

Masshole at heart, beach bum. True believer that dogs are better than people.  Follow me on twitter! https://twitter.com/EmilyPaik Instagram: @emilyelizp  
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.