Residential College Series: Faber and Creative Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

One of best opportunities available to sophomores at Fairfield University is to live in a residential college! Faber Hall, by the Dolan School of Business, is where students are involved in the Creative Life Residential College dorm. The Creative Life Res College is focused on enabling residents to discover and express their calling in a creative way. Residents will learn different meanings of creativity, and how it applies to their ambitions. Students use the Jesuit values to set goals and creativity to formulate solutions to life’s challenges and opportunities.

The application for all residential colleges is the same. Applicants will have to answer some questions about themselves and why they want to be in the residential community they ranked as their number one option. Be sure to apply soon if you want to be a member! The deadline is this Thursday, February 16th.

Some major benefits to living in Faber include Tasty Tuesdays with catered foods, special clubs, movie nights, and activities for residents there, creating a strong sense of community. The retreats students attend as part of the Creative Life Res College are the best way to make great connections to other Faber residents. Faber’s rooms are built to fit four students and they have a private bathroom that students are in charge of cleaning. One secret about Faber is that some of the rooms are two rooms of two, rather than four in one! Also, like all of the residential colleges, Faber is not in the competitive lottery for the Village. So if you’re a group of four and want to avoid the Village, Faber is the way to go.

“I love Faber. I really think it’s the best option for sophomore housing. The strong sense of community is great,” says Meghan O’Shea, class of 2019″.

Pamela is currently in her senior year at Fairfield Univerity where she is majoring in management. In her free time she enjoys working out, spending time with friends and family and binge watching reality television. *guilty*.... Follow her on instagram! @pamelagrant