sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Reality of Studying in Club DiMenna (The Library)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

With finals around the corner, a lot of us are determined to make our way to the lib and crack down on our studies. We promise ourselves we will not do anything until we finish our homework and this is how that goes down…

You start off by picking your fave spot in the lib totally ready to start your studies

But then you see all of your friends and naturally wave them down so they can sit with you

And you all swear you’re going to study and not distract each other

And then you think you’re fooling everyone by writing that paper that’s due tomorrow morning but you’re just stalking people on Facebook, Instagram or refreshing your Twitter feed

Then you’re convinced you’ve done enough work so it’s time for iced coffee. However it’s after 8pm so you have to settle for hot #firstworldproblems . Good news is Leon is around to chat, successfully killing at least another half an hour.

Then you take a Snapchat of you “studying” to remind everyone that you have sooo much homework

10pm? Damn time for a snack break

The mild heart attack you get when you hear “THE TIME IS NOW 11:30PM THE LIBRARY WILL BE CLOSING IN 30 MINUTES”

Then you realize you’re too tired to go into the 24-hour café/computer lab so you pack up your books and call it a night

Hey there’s always tomorrow, right?

Senior at Fairfield UniversityCommunications and English MajorTour Ambassador, Writer, Opportunist
Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!