This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Collegiettes, it’s almost ~summer time~ again and we cannot wait to run, not walk, to the beach. While that is a definite highlight of summer, why not try having fun while taking on your future? The popular online magazine, Popsugar, is hosting its second annual Popsugar Play/Ground, an event where women are invited to be inspired, motivated and to have fun!

We are so excited to see the keynote speakers at this event. The main ladies speaking are: the hilariously iconic Chrissy Teigen, lovable actress Mandy Moore, and talented Issa Rae. The cofounders of Tone It Up, Karena Dawn and Katrina Scott, will also be there for the fitness portion of the event. That’s right: this Popsugar event is about having a better and more motivated lifestyle. There is ~so much~ to do at this event that we can barely contain ourselves! A “POP Shop” will be available for all of your shopping needs with the different brands coming, what Popsugar calls an “outrageous” beauty carnival. Opportunities to get close to different icons, food, and so much more! Where do we sign up?

According to their site, which you can visit here, one-day tickets are $55 and two-day tickets are $90. If you want to splurge, they have two-day VIP tickets for $200. The event will be taking place June 22-23 on Pier 94 in NYC. Girl trip, anyone?

After viewing pictures from last year’s event (Mindy Kaling and Kate Hudson were there!), it looks like so much fun. Did we mention that there were slides and a ball pit? We’ll be daydreaming until June, collegiettes.

Will we see you there? Something to look forward to as we all conquer the last part of the spring semester.  

Meghan Cusack

Fairfield '21

Meghan is currently a student here at Fairfield University. She's from Branford, CT and is an English major with a concentration in Professional Writing. She also has two minors in Spanish and Public Relations. Meghan also enjoys reading, drawing, eating lots of chocolate, and spending time with her cat Charming. 
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com