The Perfect Shoes For When It’s Time To Retire Your Boots

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Finally spring is here! I am ecstatic to retire my boots and start wearing my spring shoes. Although I can’t wait to wear my sandals and hit the beach, it isn’t quite warm enough for that yet. Here are some shoes perfect for the start of spring and for the transitional period in between boot season and flip-flop season.

Sperry

As we all know, Fairfield students are known for their preppy style. Not everyone loves the traditional Sperry shoes, but they have so many cute new styles for spring. They offer bright colors, floral prints and also great casual sneakers. Sperry’s are perfect for walking around campus. 

J. Crew

J. Crew has adorable shoes in pastel and metallic shades. I love the coral espadrilles and silver flats. These cute shoes can dress up any outfit. 

Steve Madden

Who doesn’t love Steve Madden shoes? Everybody anxiously waits to see what Steve Madden comes out with every year for spring. His wedges are perfect for going out at night. He also has dozens of stylish flats perfect for walking to class in. The neutral colors of his shoes will match every outfit. 

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.