This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

For the first time in over a decade, Fairfield University is hosting a country artist for the Fall Concert! With this exciting news it’s time to start planning for the first outdoor concert at Fairfield and getting excited for Love and Theft! Here are some outfit ideas to get you prepared for what should be an amazing night.

If you haven’t been ​to a country concert chances are you will still have everything you need right in your closet. Plaids, flannels, denim, and lace are the staples.  Crops, tanks and ruffle blouses are pretty options also. Don’t use them all together, or it will be definite overkill. Style them to be ultra feminine. Try a plaid flannel by itself, or leave it open and wear a tank under. A loose flowing lacy top will always be in style for the country scene.  If you opt for the crop top, soften with loose delicate chains, charm bracelets, and simple pearl studs. Wear your hair in a messy side braid and you’re good to go.

Denim cutoffs or daisy dukes are the norm for the country set.  Even though the concert is outside, it may still be warm enough for shorts, and it’s one of your last opportunities to wear them before the freezing winter! Whether you opt for destroyed denim or cropped cutoffs, the classic country effect is the same.  You can definitely experiment with styles. Fringe shorts and denim cutoffs with lace detailing are also right on point for the night.

As for footwear, ankle booties are the perfect option for completing your western look. Not only are they incredibly comfortable, but they also look great when paired with shorts! Brown and neutral shades are classic and will tie your outfit together perfectly.

​Don’t forget to accessorize. You can try pretty feminine chains, fringe bags, and western belts!

Danielle was previously the Deputy Editor at Her Campus, where she oversaw social and content strategy, lifestyle, beauty, fashion, news, and entertainment. Prior to joining Her Campus, Danielle worked at House Beautiful as Senior Lifestyle Editor, directing and producing feature videos and stories. Danielle also served as Snapchat Editor at Cosmopolitan, overseeing the brands daily Snapchat Discover channel. In 2016, she launched Cosmo Bites — which is now the official food and beverage vertical at Cosmopolitan. That same year, Danielle was named as a Rising Star in the digital media industry by FOLIO Magazine. Danielle got her start in digital media by launching the Her Campus chapter at Fairfield University in 2014, where she acted as Campus Correspondent for 2.5 years, before graduating with a degree in English and creative writing. She enjoys wine, food, and long walks through HomeGoods. Follow Danielle on Instagram!