This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Tired of your own daily workout? Looking for something new to boost your routine and help you achieve that healthy, fit look? Try some of the amazing classes at Fairfield’s Rec-Plex taught by fellow students and fitness professionals. It’s a great way to connect with other students and release some stress… and look good doing it too! Here are our top 5 Rec-Plex Classes you need to try!

Spin:

1.Fairfield has 9 Spin instructors with a variety of times throughout the week ranging from bright and early spin classes to late-night rides. This class is a perfect way to release some tension, listen to energizing music, and ride on! Make sure you bring a towel and water with you because it is definitely needed. You must sign up ahead of time for spin classes in order to reserve your bike. Sweat on!

Yoga:

2.Who doesn’t need some ~zen~ in her life? Join one of the 5 yoga instructors and take some time out of your day to unwind, clear your mind, and feed your soul. Fairfield’s yoga is a class suitable for all fitness levels and incorporates strength, flexibility, and some cardio. Let all that stress go, girls!

Butts and Guts:

3.This class is pretty self-explanatory… it specifically focuses on your butts and guts! Come train with two of our fitness professionals to tighten and tone your body. This 45-minute class will focus on abs, glutes, legs, and lower back using weights and body resistance training. If you want to get toned, this is the class to be at!

Come 2 the Barre:

4.Looking for a class similar to PureBarre but without committing to a membership? Want to reshape your body and get long, lean muscles? Our Fairfield class, Come 2 the Barre, does just that! This class fuses elements of ballet, yoga, Pilates, strength training, and stretching all into one powerful workout that helps you sculpt your body. Get your water, towel, and grip-type socks ready girls!

Zumba:

5.This class doesn’t even feel like a workout; it’s more of a party! Fairfield’s Zumba incorporates great, upbeat music with easy-to-follow dance moves to get your heart rate going. This class will tone and sculpt your body while also burning fat, so it is a must try! Take a break from homework and let loose!

Fairfield U’s Rec-Plex offers over 20 fitness classes. Check out all the amazing classes offered as well as get more information on Rec-Plex classes on ImLeagues! Take control of your life this semester ladies… stay healthy, release stress, and have fun!

HCXO Collegiettes! 

Casey Chu

Fairfield '21

Hi, my name is Casey Chu! I am a Junior Nursing major at Fairfield University. I am a writer for this club, and look forward to reading all the content this year!