Style > Beauty

Our Top 3 Favorite Lip Products for the Colder Weather

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Although it’s just the start of fall, cooler temperatures are coming faster than we think! Cold weather means cute layered outfits, boots, and seasonal food & drinks, but it unfortunately also means dry lips. Ladies, we don’t want to feel uncomfortable or self-conscious about this annual issue, so here are 3 of our favorite products to maintain our soft lips when the temperature drops! 

1.Burt’s Bees Moisturizer: 

This is a staple product for us Collegiettes! It provides fast relief and baby smooth lips, while also coming in a variety of colors and scents. Whether you want a basic finish or tinted red lips, Burt’s Bees has it all! This product is perfect for fixing cracked lips and leaves no gross waxy feeling. Make sure to throw this product in your bag before going out and bearing the cold weather!

2.Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask:

Since the moisture is sucked out of our lips in the fall and wintertime, it’s really important to do a deep lip moisturizer at night! It’s like doing a face mask but for your lips! This mask is intended to be applied overnight so the product can work its ~magic~. The mask contains hyaluronic acid which deeply hydrates and helps hold water in the lips, so we can wake up feeling rejuvenated! For the colder months, add this product to your nightly routine or try it with your friends at the next girl’s night!

3.Lush Lip Scrub 

An important foundation for any skin routine includes exfoliating and moisturizing, which applies to our lips too! It is super crucial to get the dry skin off your lips to make them smooth and ready for moisturization. To make things even better, this product is made from natural ingredients and is not tested on animals #YAS! This particular lip scrub has castor sugar which exfoliates, while organic jojoba oil hydrates. All you have to do is rub a small amount of the product onto your lips and begin to scrub the dead skin until it comes off. Did we mention that this product is offered in several different flavors such as mint, bubblegum, and cookie dough?? Functional and delicious!

Embrace the colder weather, and this year we are kissing dry lips goodbye!! HCXO

Zoe Jukoski

Fairfield '23

Zoe is a freshman at Fairfield University studying accounting! She LOVES dogs, going to the beach, traveling, and spending time with her best friends and Mom. Zoe is super excited to be part of Her Campus! Xoxo
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.