Our Top 10 Favorite Looks from the 2015 Emmy’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Every year we binge watch Netflix and scour our DVR’s in preparation for one special evening—the Emmy Awards. The annual event, which aired on FOX this past Sunday, proved to be everything we hoped, full of humor, inspiration and of course fashion. That’s right, the most coveted awards of the evening go out to the beautiful, talented women who shined on the red carpet. Here are our top ten looks from the red carpet of the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards.

1. Sophie Turner

The young Game of Thrones actress heated up the red carpet by taking a risk in a color block Galvan jumpsuit. Dripping in Forevermark jewels, Turner celebrated with her cast and crew when the show took home the Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series. 

2. Lady Gaga

While we’re all anxiously awaiting the new season of American Horror Story, Lady Gaga stepped out in a more demure look than we are used to seeing her in. Fashion forward in Brandon Maxwell, Gaga fit the part of a classic Hollywood movie star. 

3. Sarah Hyland

The Modern Family funny girl donned a dress by Zac Posen for this year’s awards. The deep burgundy accented her short caramel hairdo. Plus, her jeweled forearm cuff is sure to be the newest fashion trend. 

4. Emma Roberts

The Scream Queen star wore a V-neck dress by Jenny Packham, which highlighted her stunning diamond string necklace. The soft tones of her dress complimented her wavy blonde locks, and she added a pop of color with a maroon clutch. 

5. Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Seriously, does this woman age? Hot as ever, Dreyfus kept on trend with a simple one-shoulder gown by Safiyaa, adding a touch of sparkle with jewelry by Chopard. The Lead Actress in a Comedy winner has definitely perfected how to spice up simplicity. 

6. Gina Rodriguez

One of the glitzier looks of the evening, Rodriguez wore an embellished gown by Lorena Sarbu. The beautiful crystal bust worked phenomenally with the fluid detailing of the skirt. One word: perfection! 

7. Sofia Vergara

When does Sofia NOT make the best-dressed list? This woman can do no wrong, and she keeps getting hotter and hotter at each red carpet. The actress wowed in a metallic number by St. John. Her show may have not brought home a golden statue, but who needs one when you look like the real thing?

8. Aubrey Plaza

Supporting her beloved show, the Parks and Rec beauty dazzled in an Alexandre Vauthier Swarovski crystal dress. The deep v and thigh high slit are a far cry from Plaza’s onscreen personality as April, but the actress pulls off this gown effortlessly accompanied by simple hair and makeup. 

9. Jamie Lee Curtis

Curtis proved that fashion can still be elegant and stylish in your late 50’s. She stepped out onto the red carpet in a form fitting, long sleeve black gown with a statement arm cuff. She was sure to turn heads after presenting at the ceremony, while simultaneously causing many viewers to silently pray that they look like that at 56. 

10. Viola Davis

Davis made history at the 2015 awards by becoming the first black woman to win an Emmy for Best Actress in a Drama. Influential and stunning, she appeared on the red carpet in an embroidered Carmen Marc Valvo gown. Her inspiring speech and classic glamour made her one of the nights biggest winners! 

Hi! I'm Gabi, and I'm a Senior at Fairfield University. I'm an English major with a concentration in Journalism, as well as minors in Communication and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies. My hobbies include singing, theatre and swimming, and my favorite animals are Lobsters!! You can always catch me reading, preferably by the ocean, or dancing like an idiot with my girlfriends. 
Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.