Our Thoughts on the Stranger Things Season 4 Announcement

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Netflix’s original show, Stranger Things, has ~officially~ confirmed its 4th season! The announcement video was uploaded on the Netflix YouTube channel last week and has already been viewed over 8.7 million times!

The video includes the signature Stranger Things opening theme and music, but then goes dark. When shown again, we are brought somewhere else, (perhaps the Upside Down?) and ~strange~ black vines begin to take over the text. From what we can see, the background is a forest with a Hawkins, Indiana sign, and a broken clock. The screen goes dark once again, and the words, “We’re not in Hawkins anymore,” appear with ominous music and sounds.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? Is the Demogorgon coming back for revenge? What happened to the Mind Flayer, is Hopper still alive? Although no dates have been confirmed yet, we are anticipating the 4th season to be released in late 2020 or possibly even in 2021. 

Until then, we can re-watch seasons 1-3 on Netflix and watch the announcement video here!

Lauren is a Connecticut native currently majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at Fairfield University. Her interests include spending time with friends, going to the gym, cooking, baking, and pumpkin spice everything! When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably spending time with her two dogs Lily & Daisy!
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.