Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Our Favorite V-Day Date Ideas For You & Your Quarantine Cutie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Valentine’s Day is almost here—can you believe it?! Although the holiday is going to be a lot different this year, celebrating love is all that matters. Whether you’ve been dating for years, celebrating long distance, or are not yet #official, we have date ideas for it all.

Make each other a playlist

A 2021 twist on a classic romantic gesture: the mixtape. Put together a playlist of songs that remind you of each other and include their favorites. Surprise your S.O. by sending it to them, or spend the day listening to the playlists together.

Cook together

If you’re in quarantine this Valentine’s Day and can’t go out for a romantic dinner, make it yourselves! There is nothing more special than spending time together, cooking, and dancing around the kitchen. If you don’t have a kitchen to cook, get creative and put together a special meal with ingredients from the Tully or order takeout from your favorite restaurant.

Go sledding

It wouldn’t be a true winter in New England without snow! Take advantage of all the snow this week and visit the infamous hill at the library lawn to go sledding together. Make some hot chocolate and warm up afterwards for a ~perfect~ winter date.

Movie marathon

Going to the movies might not be an option at the moment, but you can easily bring the movie theater to you! Get the popcorn and candy ready to spend the day binge-watching together. If you and your Valentine can’t physically be together this year, check out Teleparty and watch together virtually.

Make a Valentine

Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating each other, so be as mushy as you want. Let’s face it, there really isn’t that much you can do in quarantine, so get creative and make a handmade Valentine for your special someone.

Happy Valentine’s Day, Collegiettes! XOXO

Lauren is a Connecticut native currently majoring in Marketing and Public Relations at Fairfield University. Her interests include spending time with friends, going to the gym, cooking, baking, and pumpkin spice everything! When she is not writing for Her Campus, she is probably spending time with her two dogs Lily & Daisy!