Style

Our Favorite Looks From the 2019 Emmy Awards

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Awards season is off to a ~fabulous~ start as the 71st Emmy Awards took place on Sunday, September 22nd, at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles! While every celeb that hit the carpet that night brought their A-game, these 5 celebs, in particular, were definitely the best dressed!

1.Zendaya

One of the best looks of the night has to be given to the one and only Zendaya. The Euphoria star, which by the way, if you haven’t seen Euphoria, you’re seriously missing out, looked amazing in a custom emerald Vera Wang corset dress along with debuting her fiery red hair. Although not up for a nomination, Zendaya may be eligible for nominations for the next Emmy season. 

2.Emilia Clarke

Holy Mother of Dragons! Although not rocking her blonde locks anymore, Emilia Clarke was able to catch everyone’s breath in this stunning, plunging, navy gown by Valentino. Despite the controversial ending to the eighth and final season of Game of Thrones, the cast was still able to walk away with multiple Emmys.  

3.Halsey

Halsey may not have been nominated for an award, but she still managed to shut down the red carpet in a beautiful ombré dress. The pop star is known to change up her hair and makeup styles, but the singer decided to surprise fans with her natural hair! Later in the evening, Halsey delivered a powerful rendition of Cyndi Lauper’s classic “Time After Time” for the In Memoriam Tribute. 

4.Mandy Moore

Ever since watching This Is Us, we have been rooting for Mandy Moore to secure an Emmy win, but ultimately the actress went home empty-handed. What she did though was absolutely ~slay~ the red carpet with her timeless off-the-shoulder Brandon Maxwell dress. Moore also appeared to be semi-matching with her This Is Us costar, Susan Kelechi Watson, as both appeared in the same color dress. 

5.Lena Headey

Now, this may seem like a curveball, but for some reason, we are ~obsessed~ with this look that Lena Headey wore at the Emmys. The Game of Thrones star sported a floral, mint, Brock Collection dress with a black bow on the front– something her character Cersei would never wear! To celebrate the big night, the actress also added a new tattoo to her hand to commemorate it!

Amber Shephard

Fairfield '20

Amber Shephard graduated Fairfield University in 2020 where she majored in Psychology and minored in Marketing. 
Katie Mazzotta

Fairfield '21

Katie Mazzotta, from Massachusetts, studies marketing and finance at Fairfield University. She is the campus correspondent for Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Her creativity and marketing skills provide a beneficial influence on the chapter's event planning and social media accounts. In her free time, she loves the beach and spending time with friends and family.