Batiste Dry Shampoo
Batiste Dry Shampoo
Original photo by Julia Greenwood
Style > Beauty

Our Favorite Dry Shampoos That *Actually* Work

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Some people think dry shampoo is just another beauty myth. You know, one of those things that
people hype up but never actually work… Well those people are definitely not my crowd,
because I’m a religious dry shampoo user. Let me introduce you to some that have changed my
life, fixed my sanity, and blessed my hair.

Dove

The best dry shampoo of all time is any Dove Dry Shampoo. My best friend Sydney turned me on to the Care Between Washes Dry Shampoo and I have to say, it works wonders! It doesn’t feel like anything is in your hair, and it’s around $5 at Target! The only con is that if you have darker hair it WILL show up. BUT don’t worry, Dove has a solution for everything… I have dark black hair, so most dry shampoos work for me. But like I said, they show up and leave a white chalky trace. The Dove Brunette Dry Shampoo is the perfect dry shampoo for brunettes. It doesn’t show up on my dark hair, and like the other Dove Dry Shampoo it doesn’t leave your hair feeling chalky at all, plus it smells SO good!

Batiste

Maybe it’s just me, but whenever I think of dry shampoo, I think of Batiste! Batiste has every type of dry shampoo you can imagine. They even have a hair quiz to determine which of their products is most beneficial for your hair! My favorite thing about this brand is that they have the cutest, most aesthetically pleasing packaging, and they come in cute travel sizes for on the go. I also love the smell of all their products. You can find these at your local Target, TJMaxx, Ulta or on Amazon.

Kristin Ess

Kristin Ess products look good in your cabine and in your hair! The Kristin Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo makes it look like you spent hours styling your hair because it gives crazy volume! I love this dry shampoo because it’s a nice refresher for my heat damaged hair. It costs a bit more than the Dove and Batiste, but it adds so much volume and body to lifeless hair like mine. This one can also be found at Target, which is always an appeal.

DryBar

DryBar is known for blowouts and styling, but their secret is that the products they use are an investment for on the go salon styled hair. Picture this, you just finished your yoga class, you are drenched in sweat, but have dinner plans in 30 minutes… it’s obvious, you just grab your DryBar Detox Shampoo and you’re ready to go. This baby detoxes your hair, just like the yoga detoxes your bad juju… trust me, I know from experience. This dry shampoo paired with the Detox Conditioner truly makes your hair clean, neat, and refreshed. It’s my personal splurge for quick quality hair care. It also smells like the inside of a DryBar salon! Like I said, it’s a splurge, and obviously the most expensive option out of the ones above, but it is well worth the price. Sadly, you can’t buy it at Target, but DryBar, Nordstrom and QVC sell it! Occasionally you’ll see it at a local TJMaxx, and if you do, don’t even think twice… just snag it.

MK Kalenak

Fairfield '25

Hi! I'm MK Kalenak! I'm a sophomore Public Relations & Digital Journalism Major and Finance Minor at Fairfield U from PGH, PA <3