This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

“Your total is $82.48. Will that be cash or credit for today?” I’m sure I’m not the only one who cringes at my totally from Sephora after buying only three or four products. I have tried numerous mascaras from various brands including Too Faces, Benefit, Buxom, Tarte…so many that I’ve lost track. However, upon trying all of these difference mascaras, I always go back to the same one. The best part about that is, it’s a DRUGSTORE mascara! My all-time favorite, holy grail mascara is Maybelline’s “Great Lash Lots of Lashes”. What’s unique about this mascara is the shape of the brush. Its teardrop shape helps get every single lash coated with mascara. The brush provides just the right amount of length and volume for your lashes. I have even gotten compliments and questions asking if I was wearing falsies! I highly recommend this mascara to everyone because I truly feel it is the best, and even comparable to Benefits “They’re Real!” Mascara, but for a fraction of the price.

Some application pointers: Apply as normal with the brush horizontal and wiggle if up to your lashes. Then, turn the brush so the point of the teardrop is touching your lashes – coast the outer corners if you want extra length. You can also use the point of the brush for your lower lashes.

Give Great Lash a try!

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.