Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf Shopping?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
The CW
Style

New year, new closet: what’s changing in your closet for the 2023 year?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

2023 is the year I plan on making changes for my closet. New year, new me, new closet? Sounds cheesy, but stick with me. I recently made some updates to my closet that will benefit my outfit choices in 2023.

1. Warmup High Waisted Pocket Leggings

What I don’t like about leggings is that they don’t often offer pockets, and if they do, it’s on the inside of the waistband which is practically useless. So, when I saw that Aerie had leggings with pockets, I was immediately sold! The pocket is sewn into the side of the leg, and having your phone in the pocket does not weigh you down. The inside fabric of the leggings is super soft and cozy, and keeps you warm. 

2. High Top Platfom Converse 

Something I’m really excited about are my high top platform Converse. I’ve always loved Converse shoes, but I’ve been wearing the classic whites for a long time and wanted a change. I recently bought myself a pair of black platform high tops, and it has been a game changer! They make almost every outfit look better, and they help keep pants with longer hems from dragging on the ground (i.e., flare jeans). They are fastly becoming an everyday staple of mine.

3. Thrifted Sweater

The next item I picked up while studying abroad last semester, a vintage sweater I bought at a flea market in Amsterdam. It’s oversized, so it functions as something cute to wear as well something like a crewneck sweatshirt. Thrifting is always a fun activity to do with friends, so going off in search of your own sweater could be something fun to do.

4. Oversized Scarf

The next item I picked up also while studying abroad last semester, and I noticed that girls I know on Instagram that are studying abroad this semester are also wearing it now. It’s an oversized scarf, made out of recycled fleece, and is so soft. A quick Google search shows that a lot of brands carry their own version. Boohoo, Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters ASOS, just to name a few, with ranging prices.

Erin Delaney

Fairfield '24

Erin Delaney is a senior at Fairfield University, where she majors in English and History, with minors in Irish and Catholic Studies. She has a show on Fairfield University's radio station, WVOF, where she plays her favorite classic alternative and rock songs from the 60s-90s. She loves to read, drink iced coffee, write, and watch unhealthy amounts of Netflix. She is happy to be back writing for HerCampus.