This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

In the recent years, Netflix has been creating its own content. This includes TV shows such as Orange is the New Black, Stranger Things, and House of Cards in addition to movies such as To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before and The Kissing Booth.

In the past two years, Netflix has begun to produce what some might call ‘the modern Hallmark Christmas movie’. Netflix’s large selection of original holiday programs can be overwhelming, so here are a few to watch this holiday season:

1. The Holiday Calendar

This movie was released this year and features Vampire Diaries star, Kat Graham as Abby Sutton. Abby feels stuck in her life when she receives a magical advent calendar from her Grandfather. The calendar predicts the events of each day and begins to change her luck around. This movie also has a love triangle, and lots of joy and snow – the perfect combination for any good holiday movie. Watch the trailer here!

1. A Princess Switch

Also released this year, this movie is the perfect combination of the Parent Trap and any Hallmark Christmas movie ever made. High School Musical star Vanessa Hudgens plays both of the main characters, Stacy De Novo and Lady Margaret. This movie has everything: a baking competition, holiday cheer, and a handsome prince! What more could you ask for? Watch the trailer here!

1. The Christmas Chronicles

This movie stars Kurt Russell as Santa Claus. If you’re not sold yet, it was also made by the creators of Home Alone, so it’s definitely a must-watch this year. It has tiny furry flossing elves and includes a crazy car chase. Watch the trailer here!

1. A Christmas Prince

The original Christmas Prince was released last year and was one of the most talked about holiday movies of the year. Be sure to watch it before the sequel comes out! Watch the trailer here!

1. A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding

Finally, the movie everyone’s been waiting for! Amber and Richard are back and better than ever. A year has passed, and Amber struggles to acclimate to her new lifestyle as she prepares for the wedding. What will happen to Amber and Richard? Find out on November 30th and watch the trailer here!

1. Christmas Inheritance

Ellen Langford is supposed to take over the family business, however she is a bit of a problem child. In order to prove herself to her father, she travels to a small town to deliver a letter for her father. If you loved the DCOM Cow Belles, you are sure to love this movie! Watch the trailer here!

Molly Concannon

Fairfield '20

Molly Concannon is a Jersey girl through and through. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in Finance and Public Relations. This is her fourth year on the Her Campus team! She is also slightly obsessed with libraries, reading, and Disney movies, and she definitely will try to pet any dogs she sees.
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com