My Last Pres Ball Experience

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

The Presidential Ball is an annual event for all Fairfield University students to come together and have a fun night of dancing and delicious food (A.K.A. mac and cheese bites!). Many seniors came out for the night and enjoyed their last hurrah at Pres Ball.

Here is a senior’s last Pres Ball experience, so grab the tissues!

1. Getting Ready

Senior year Pres Ball preparation was really exciting because unlike freshman year, as a senior collegiette, I knew what to expect. So instead of wearing uncomfortable heels, flats were the way to go because they were perfect for dancing the night away. Honestly though, no matter how old you get, dressing up is always fun!

2. Taking Pictures

Nothing was better than getting ready and taking a bomb picture to remember the night. Since it was the last Pres Ball, it obviously had to be documented, and the beach was the perfect backdrop for a great Instagram.

3. The Bus Trip

For every senior living on the beach, there was a bus shuttle to take everyone to Pres Ball, which was so convenient. The bus was really fun because everyone was so excited for the night ahead.

4. The Arrival

Arriving at Pres Ball as a senior gave me ~all the feels~, from excitement to sadness, since it was the last one. Looking around was also weird because everyone suddenly looks so much younger. I couldn’t help but think, “Is that what I looked like freshman year?”

5. The Food

Upon arrival, every senior ran to the food area because it was ~free~, and not much has changed since freshman year when it comes to our feelings about that. Nothing says “getting ready to graduate and be an adult,” like stuffing our faces with mac and cheese bites and popcorn. It was the last Pres Ball, so no rules applied when it came to food.

6. Dancing

Every year, collegiettes always forget how chaotic the dance floor is at Pres Ball. It is basically like a huge mosh pit of people pushing and shoving everywhere. But it is senior year, so dancing the night away with my squad was a ~must~. Dancing to Despacito was definitely the highlight of the night!

7. Off To The Grape

After getting down and having a blast with all my friends, the Pres Ball was over but that didn’t mean the night had to be! The best part of being a senior is that everyone is mostly 21 – so off to the Grape we went!

English major with a concentration in journalism
Alexis DiZenzo is a motivated Connecticut native. She attends Fairfield University where she is majoring in digital journalism and minoring in marketing. She is currently co-campus corespondent of Fairfield's Her Campus chapter. Along with managing Her Campus Fairfield, Alexis has interned with The Secured Lender Magazine, and NBC Sports. She is a contributing writer for Elite Daily as well as Thought Catalog. In the early stages of her college career, Alexis has taken the initiative to reach far among the stars and achieve goals early on. She has a great sense of editing, writing, publishing, marketing and leadership as well as strong interpersonal skills. (And a fun-loving, outgoing personality!) Alexis' favorite book (and movie) is The Great Gatsby, she lives by the words of Carrie Bradshaw and you could definitely find her on a beach, soaking up the sun. Instagram @alexisdizenzo www.alexisfdizenzo.com