Must Watch: Teresa Guidice Prison Special

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Teresa Giudice is a Real Housewives of New Jersey OG and a fan favorite. So when she was sentenced to 15 months to a federal correctional institution, everyone knew this was not going to be an easy journey for the Real Housewives diva. Teresa began her sentence for fraud charges back in January of this year, and she has not been shy to express how tough her sentencing has been. Teresa has had her family speak on her behalf, and share how she has been handling this difficult journey. Now that Teresa has been behind bars for nine months, Bravo is airing a three part tell-all special, with the first episode airing on October 11th. 

In this special, viewers will get a look into how Joe Giudice and their four children having been coping while Teresa is serving time in Danbury, Connecticut. Although Teresa will not actually appear on camera, the special will show actual phone conversations between her, Joe, and their children.  By the promos alone it is clear we are going to see Joe Giudice in a more vulnerable role than viewers are used to seeing him. Sources say that the special will show Joe struggling to balance both parent duties on his own. On a happier note, viewers should expect to see a bond grow between Joe Giudice and, brother-in-law, Joe Gorga. Whether you are Real Housewives fan or not there is no doubt this special will be emotional.

Catch the premiere of the three-part special on October 11th at 8 p.m. on Bravo.  

Gabriella is currently a junior at Fairfield University, where she is majoring in Marketing and minoring in Communications. She is Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus Fairfield with her roomie/best friend Pamela Grant! Gab can most likely be found with a Venti Starbs in hand, while wearing obnoxiously large sunnies (no shame), reading the most recent issue of Glamour Mag.